-
September 2nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Here is some nice stuff at a price that I hope includes a few pounds of what ever it is he is smoking!
Gary
-
September 3rd, 2007, 11:50 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Awwwwww yer teasin us Gary, we need a link or at least a clue.
-
September 3rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
#3
Inactive Member
-
September 3rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Hmmmmmmmmm, once you get past the asking price being off by a decimal place, those are mighty darn fine examples.
I think for 22K i could build those and a nice 20 x 30 foot soundroom/addition to house most of my Altecs.
-
September 3rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
those are indeed beautiful..however i tend to agree with bowtie. a new sound room, with some built in bass horns, and an airconditioned amp closet, and some dedicated wiring and ***
-
September 3rd, 2007, 05:05 PM
#6
Inactive Member
The same thing could be easily built for $1000-1500, and with a much better quality xover network.
And with the money saved, a nice 20x30' dedicated room with a vaulted ceiling, a much larger projection screen than my current 9' wide screen, a really nice IB subwoofer system, and, and, etc, etc, etc...
-
September 4th, 2007, 03:26 AM
#7
Inactive Member
The cabinets are stunning, but, these speakers, as beautiful as they are, ARE NOT WORTH 22GRAND!
-
September 4th, 2007, 09:08 AM
#8
Inactive Member
I give the builder credit for some very pretty cabinets but unless he made a mistake with his price I still think he is wackO.
Cabinets of that class and workmanship are alot more then $1000 but I still can't see how he came to his numbers.
Gary
-
September 4th, 2007, 04:41 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Maybe the price is in Italian Lira?
-
September 5th, 2007, 12:39 AM
#10
Inactive Member
"Not if you have the ability to build them yourself. Unfortunately, I don't".
I do have the ability and equipment and still stand behind my opinion. Baltic Birch plywood alone is probably around $500 for those cabinets and the veneer is an easy $300.
They are gorgeous and very well done and I commend him for his workmanship. Please don't think for one minute you could have any competent cabinetmaker build you a set of those for any where near $1000 because by the time you figure all the other materials and grille work you can't DIY it for that and I do build them for myself!
Gary
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks